Steinway NY Re-Introduces the O (to replace the L)

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 04:59:53 -0800

Ric,

At 11:59 PM 2/22/2006, you wrote:

>Well... they certainly are in the process of doing that. Thats for
>sure.  It was declared outright at the Nordic Convention in
>Stockholm last october that there is a move torwards <<unification>>
>of the two factories... ie that the pianos coming out of both will
>be as identical in character as is possible.  I think the way they
>said it was that they want the public to feel that the two factories
>are equal in all (as many as possible) regards.

Actually, they have been doing this since the mid-90s.

>Personally... I think it will be a good trick if they can do it.
>Germans and New Yorkers are different worlds in as many ways as not me thinks.

Mostly in the way in which things are put together.  The larger
instruments have been fairly well homogenized for some time.

Best.

Horace