Has anybody here had success with water-borne wood finishes?

Mark Potter bases-loaded76@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:33:13 -0800 (PST)

I like 'em, but if you have been spraying nitro lacquer for years there is a learning curve, alluded to rather vividly by Dale ;-).  As with ANY finish choice, there are advantages and disadvantages.  For me, the advantages of Water-based finishes outweigh the disadvantages enough for me to keep using them, now for 13 years or so.  Aside from the shop environment being rather friendly instead of lethal, the dry times, clarity, non-yellowing characteristics, quick and easy sandability, durability, and bottom-line cost are all factors that keep me a user of water-based finishes.  I currently - past 3 years or so - favor the Fuhr finishes, available from Homestead Finishing.

  Mark Potter

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:
          No recommendations here.  Just a miserable frustrating experience that almost caused my finisher to quit. So there you have it.
     Dale
  I'd like some first hand testimonials about this stuff
before I try it on my next peroject.
     Thanks!