Out of State Dealorship Calls

Carlos Ralon ceralon@comcast.net
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:58:36 -0500

For over 30 years I was a new piano dealor.  Every major piano maker had =
a firm agreement with their dealor that they were to sell pianos only in =
their own marketing area. Most reputable dealors honor this.   I would =
suspect that most of the calls for service are not from new piano =
dealors.  In our area we have a dealor, and I might add a very =
successful one, that ships throughout the country via national movers.  =
The majority of his pianos are used or "gray market" instruments.  Most =
piano factories deal severly with dealors who break this agreement.  You =
should not have a problem with servicing these pianos as long as you are =
not responsible for any written or IMPLIED warranty they make. =20
This does not apply to the thousands of M.I. products like guitars etc.  =
I'm back to tuning and Butts and Flanges", and happy about it.
Carlos Ralon, RPT