Refinishing dilemma

John Delmore jodel@kairos.net
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:00:51 -0600

Good ideas, all.  I think I'll try Wayne's lettering shop route first, the
decal does have some crackling through it, and maybe person-to-person will
be better, but I'll also contact Decals Unlimited.  Thanks!!
John

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Conrad Hoffsommer
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 1:36 PM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: Refinishing dilemma

At 10:43 AM 2/20/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>Clean with steel wool and naptha ( wear mask )and
>spray with topcoat, OR, mask off decal as well as
>possible and strip around. I'd go with 1st suggestion.
>      Thump
>
>--- John Delmore <jodel@kairos.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi list!
> > I have a bit of a refinishing dilemma.  The old
> > Brinkerhoff "lab" piano is

Talk with the folks at Decals Unlimited.  Years ago, I wanted a soundboard
decal which they didn't have. I took a picture of it, blew it up to exact
dimensions (I had access to a darkroom at the time) and they made the decal
for me.

Nowadays, I should think that a good digital image (with appropriate ruler
in the picture) would do.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.