laminated ribs

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:12:10 +0100

Please correct if this is entirely wrong... but I thought that since the
string was being measured in terms of its tension (pounds)  one could
simply the problem  as a like sided triangle with half the pounds on
each leg. Since the measurement is taken in the deflected condition...
you have basically the hypotenus and all angels of a right angle
triangle available to figure the amound of deflection.. pounds in this
case.  So 160 pounds with a 2 degree deflection at the bridge  yields

Sin 1 x 80  = 1.396192515  lbs downbearing,  which is 1.745 % of the
string tension.

er... yes ??

RicB

 >   So knowing all of the above, what is the equation that will calculate
 > an approximate string bearing load under the conditions I describe?

Beats me. I use the SIN(RADIANS(degree measurement))*tension
per unison, and add them up in my spreadsheet.