tips

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:49:04 -0500

Paul,
         I originally thought I wasn't going to like it and have to return
it. I'm glad to say I was WAY wrong. I bought the 11 degree head and 2 tip
extensions (I only use one) and the 2nd smallest tube. I haven't had much
of any problem clearing the plate struts but I did run into a problem on A0
on one upright where there wasn't enough clearance to get on the pin. I
just popped out the old Watanabe and used it on that one pin only. The
balance is good and the feel on the pin is great! I think I'd like to try
the other length tubes but that'll have to wait for a better cash flow
time. One small issue I had to get used to was that the head is a little
fat and I had some trouble seeing around it to put the tip on the next pin.
That's about the only real draw back that I can think of. I use the hollow
tube to carry a few mutes and ear plugs. While tuning and daydreaming I was
wondering if putting something else in there it might double as an impact
lever. Tuning just allows too much time for daydreaming I guess. :-)

best,
Greg Newell