tips

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:04:24 -0500

Hi William,
I agree that changing the head is easier.  I love the schaff hammer. It =
makes my hands smell like tree sap, or shrubs. the wood handle I guess. =
I think its great. I can just tap it gently to get a note in on some =
occasions. =20

Are you going to the convention in Rochester?  If so, we need to get =
connected. =20

My speed isn't up yet, but my tunings are getting better. I've heard =
from people after my tunings that the piano either sounds fuller, or =
louder.  I'm excited about what other things i"m going to learn in this =
trade. It's taken me about 25 years to make the right connections to get =
into this. I'm glad finding a wife was easier. :)  I didn't know that =
Jim COleman SR. had a stroke. I hope he's still able to tune etc.
Marshall

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: William Benjamin=20
  To: 'Pianotech List'=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:20 PM
  Subject: RE: tips

  Marshall,

  =20

  Changing the knuckle and all is by far easier, than trying to get the =
tip off.   To get the tip off you have to have the right tip tool.  =20

  =20

  If you have a Schaff extendable hammer you can not do any better, =
unless you are competing for the strangest or most elaborate tool.   =
That hammer is what 90 percent of the tuners use and there is a reason: =
because it is the best.

  =20

  Also, sorry about the misinformation about Jim Coalman Senior.   I =
thought he had died after his stroke.   He was a wonderful man and I owe =
a lot to him.

  =20

  Hope things are going well for you and keep up the good work.

  =20

  William

  =20

  =20