[Files] Pictures from the CA convention

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:22:59 -0800

I believe there was an article in the Journal not long ago on this...th=
is fellow has never worked with pianos before...woodworker...not a tech=
nician...he built a pretty impressive beast...it could have benefited, =
though, from a technician...especially a voicer...

The bass was interesting...the extra 4 or 5 notes...you could almost se=
e the cycles per second...;-]

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: "Andrew and Rebeca Anderson"
To: "Pianotech List"
Subject: Re: [Files] Pictures from the CA convention

Great Pics Dale.  Rubenstein piano?  Is that the one made by Pearl Rive=
r?

Andrew Anderson

At 09:32 AM 2/16/2006, you wrote:

 Hey  all
  Just a few pics from the CA. Convention  piano display area.  A beaut=
iful room with natural light.  Many extraordinary piano.  The new 9 ft =
Bosendorfer,
7 ftish Shiguru Kawai. Masons , the new Stwy A,  & a beautiful 9ft. Bec=
hstein prepped By Mr.  Rodger Jolly  & many more.   Hope you  Enjoy it

   Below the illustrious Nick Gravagne doing his Stevi Wonder schtick. =
 Not really  his eyes are sensitive

http://tinyurl.com/8t899

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/66/79/de/4b/attachment.j=
pe

The ever beatific Trix Erwin converse with pal Michael Campi in front o=
f the "Tour de force" Erwin Display. grin.
    To the left the Long A & behind the Now Infamous Black Beauty Stwy =
D.
  Still Seasonally priced.  Call for details

http://tinyurl.com/9arnq

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/31/d2/88/80/attachment.j=
pe

  Below My friend & a master Refinisher of inestimable talents,  Phenoy=
d of Classic Woods in L.A.  He displayed a designers Loius Stwy M in Da=
rk blue polyester.  Very interesting!

http://tinyurl.com/9wnt2

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/35/a3/67/bf/attachment.j=
pe

    Dale & Dennis Erwin at our display

http://tinyurl.com/77ht3

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/7f/13/d3/d0/attachment.j=
pe

  David Andersen at The 17 ft. (Roll your Rs ) Ruuuuuubestttein.  (Rube=
nstein) Not really 17ft. but it seemed like it. It was 12 ft.
  A  real True Monstrosity.   They loaded into a case on it's wheels & =
then loaded it onto a flatbed car moving type truck. I'd hate to pay th=
at bill.  Ouch!

http://tinyurl.com/7m4ak

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/86/4a/d5/bd/attachment.j=
pe

  Don Manino At the Black Beauty.  He seemed to like it though he never=
 said. Don is a man of few words.  David Andersen in the usual position=
.  Head down tail up....all ears

http://tinyurl.com/976bu

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/a5/04/f6/c0/attachment.j=
pe

 The Erwin family official convention picture.  Get your official
autograghs ......in Rochester  grin

http://tinyurl.com/75nn5

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/f0/98/77/7c/attachment.j=
pe

   The ever Jolly Rodger at the ....what ever it was.  Rodgers is cool.=

http://tinyurl.com/7ka4m

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/65/52/84/46/attachment.j=
pe

  Another view of the Rubenstein from a different perspective.  Two lid=
s ...come on there's a law against that.  Isn't there?

http://tinyurl.com/ayz2x

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/39/55/3a/28/attachment.j=
pe

  This one I took intentionally for Ric B.  It's an early Bluethner Str=
aight strung.  !1850 ish I believe the guy said.  I'd of taken more but=
 the batteries went dead.  Sorry RIc.  Gorgeous thing but it didnt' sou=
nd all that vigorous.  A beautiful restoration however.
   Regards
  Dale Erwin

http://tinyurl.com/9ynr3

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/f3/a4/2b/a5/attachment.j=