FW: Early Steinway Grand research help

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:02:08 EST

Bill
   I think I have one of these in my  clientele.  It,s 9 ft almost as I
recall.  I don't recall if we talked  a bout it previously but it is Rosewood with
scroll legs.  We call em king  Neptune legs.  Stretcher is showing cracks from
the stress.  Original  strings. Doesn't sound so good as you can imagine.  I
hate to see it.   We've discussed rebuilding it but I don't need another can
of worms opened right  now (ever).  It desperately needs a board/everything IMO
    regards
  Dale

Centennial  Grands (8'9", 1875-1883) are high  on the list.  It is my hope to
find one in original condition,  and also one which has been so responsibly
rebuilt that it accurately  reflects what this incredible design should sound
like.