Harpsichord tuning

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:50:40 -0600

I did find that it tuned up quickly, one string per unison and very
little inharmonicity to exploit.  Just don't go expecting piano
torque or you will break your first string.  If it is way off just go
through quickly a few times, over-pull does not work the same way on
this kind of instrument and is risky.  Actually a fun instrument to
tune, or at least to play Bach on afterwards.  Those historical
temperaments make a lot more sense with low inharmonicity.

Enjoy,
Andrew Anderson