Treble Tone Resonators, PianoTek

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:13:05 -0500

I've seen them in the Pianotek catalog and wonder how they attach to the rim
and belly rail. It appears that a flat plate attaches to one surface and
presumably is held in place with wood screws - or is it through bolted?
Seems to me that if it is attached with wood screws, the amount of tension
one could apply with the turnbuckle would be very limited - wouldn't take
much to start pulling the screws out of the rail. So how is it attached?

I did notice that the catalog states: "Pianos that typically benefit from
this are those possessing a treble bell...."  That would seem to narrow the
list a bit.   ;-)

Terry Farrell