Hygrometer Ratings

william ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:19:43 -0500

A quick question because I can't find it in any catalog/web pages.

When a hygrometer is rated at =B13% between 10-90%RH, does that mean =20
103% or 97% times the stated RH on the scale, or the stated RH =B1 3 =20
(%)? I remember buying Pianotek's CMM880at a regional awhile back, =20
and later at the same regional asking the salesperson this question, =20
with no answer. I'm guessing the former, such that a stated RH of 23% =20=

could be anything between 20-26%, and a stated RH of 82%, anything =20
between 79-85%.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.
wbps@vermontel.net

"Trust me, you've got all the equipment, You just need to read the =20
manual"
     ...........Reese Witherspoon in "Legally Blonde"