[reply] Princess Heat Gun Substitute

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:31:40 -0800

http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200307399.htm

=20

Is one place of many where you can buy the Wagner heat gun on the =
internet.

=20

David Love

davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of John W. Peterson
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 5:00 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: [reply] Princess Heat Gun Substitute

=20

Mike Kurta writes:

   I used one of these for years, but had trouble over time with the

heating element burning out.  I'm now using a barbeque lighter with an

adjustable flame.

=20

and

=20

David Love writes:

Wagner makes a couple of guns with variable heat and fan speed settings =
that

are not expensive (less than $50).  I've had one for several years how =
and

it still works fine.

David Love

=20

Thanks, Mike and David.

=20

I will monitor how long this heat gun lasts with the amount of use and =
abuse

that I subject it to. I used the barbeque lighters for a while, but

it seemed like they were always refusing to ignite when I needed them =
the
most;

the same thing happened with a couple of different brands.

=20

I was not aware of the Wagner gun and am still unsure of where

to find it. It sounds very good.

=20

Grainger's has the princess Heat Gun for about $103, which is cheaper

than Pianotek. I have used McMaster many times in the past and am

always pleased with them, so I checked their web site and found this

particular heat gun.

=20

Musically,

=20