Flat Belly Rail

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:12:06 -0500

Yes, but if you ever take a soundboard out of a piano and observe how floppy
it is - especially an unribbed panel - you will quickly conclude that
whether you have an rim edge curved/arched/beveled does not likely make much
difference at all.

I'll put an arch or a bevel on a rim piece that I am working on if the shape
slaps me in the face and if it isn't much bother - but I don't think it
really makes much difference.

Terry Farrell