temperaments - choosing ? stretched ? not stretched ?

Philippe Errembault phil.errembault@skynet.be
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:30:32 +0100

Hi all,=20

I'm currently studying temperaments, and I wonder if a tuner always use =
a stretched temperament,=20
especially since this doesn't seems quite compatible with the use of =
electronic tuning devices.
(for the not aural tuners...)

This question, especially since I've a CD with reference tones for a =
stretched temperament, which=20
seems quite strange since a stretched temperament should depend on the =
kind of piano, shouldn't=20
they ? So what ?

subsidiary question : as a tuner, do you prefer to use equal temperament =
? or do you prefer to use=20
another one ? (which one) ... Or do your clients often have their =
specific requests ? (in this case
what are you commonly asked ?)

Philippe Errembault
Une pièce jointe HTML a été enlevée...