Upgrading.....

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 07:53:08 -0500

Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Formsma=20
  To: 'Pianotech List'=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:06 AM
  Subject: RE: Upgrading.....

  Ron,

  =20

  I was just about to send what I wrote to Dean when your post hit my =
inbox. You have said it so well that it totally eclipsed mine so I'm not =
sending it now. J

  =20

  Yes, yes - there must be a way to promote excellence. And, "Craftsman" =
and "Certified" are much more descriptive. I prefer either of those to =
"Registered."

  =20

  Isn't it a problem that PTG comes up with the terms, but it's we who =
have to do the educating? We don't have much time for that. Is there a =
way PTG could educate the piano playing populace? I'm thinking, wow, =
that would be hard. The first step could be beginning at the university =
and piano teaching guilds, and hopefully it would filter down after a =
while. But before that, you would have to demonstrate that PTG people =
are generally more skilled. (There will always be exceptions, of =
course.) I don't think you can do that as it is currently set up unless =
you get rid of the Associate status. Wow, big situation when you start =
to think about it.

  =20

  BTW, How many different places are you registered to vote in Florida? =
<g>

  =20

  John Formsma

  =20