1885 Erard action photos

Tom Servinsky tompiano@bellsouth.net
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 07:13:03 -0500

Oh yes, the drop adjustment. How could I not forget to mention that =
configuration. The flange must be removed in order to turn the drop =
screw, which resembles marine/boat cleat. Due to the size and =
configuration of the cleat there you are left with a choice of 1/2 turns =
or full turns. No .001" adjustments with this design.
And how about the clever thing they did with jack position screw/button. =
One has to squeezes his/her fingers between the neighboring wippens to =
reach down and turn the button by hand...there are no screw heads =
protruding to use a conventional drop screw driver.
And the list goes on and on interesting little things that they did =
elongate the regulating process 10 fold.
Tom Servinsky
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 11:00 PM
  Subject: Re: 1885 Erard action photos

  Cy,

  I've worked on one of these, and it is interesting.  The frontchecks =
and the underdamper setup are kind of cool.  I couldn't figure out how =
to get the drop dialed in very precisely.  Rep springs are long and odd =
shaped and make you long nostalgically for something a bit more =
familiar!

  I sent out some photos around a year ago, and I can resend them to you =
if you'd like.  The case is amazing!

  Dave Stahl

  In a message dated 2/10/2006 7:15:34 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, =