samick bridle tapes

John Fortiner jlfortiner@gmail.com
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:33:02 -0700

I have to replace a set of bridle tapes on a Samick console.  The tapes were
glued, not where the dowel goes into the hammer butt, but where the dowel
enters the catcher.  Of course, there are no holes in the catchers so the
cork variety is of no use in this application.  I HATE those clip variety of
replacement tapes.  Does anyone out there have a brilliant idea as to how to
make some sort of jig that would allow a person to glue a new set of plain
tapes on the back of the catcher??

Mice and pianos are a BAD combination....DAMHIK :-(

John Fortiner
Billings, MT