What's a fair price to charge for tuning a piano

pianolady50@peoplepc.com pianolady50@peoplepc.com
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:50:36 -0500

Hi Cy, Avery, David, and everyone else!

Seems we are all saying pretty much the same thing.  David, you stated =
it far better than I did!  So...have we now established that the going =
rate for a tuning is somewhere between $40 and $160, give or take, =
depending on a nearly unlimited number of factors? <g>

Debbie
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Avery=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:28 PM
  Subject: RE: What's a fair price to charge for tuning a piano

  Very correct David. Thank you! :-)=20

  Avery=20

  At 09:06 PM 2/8/2006, you wrote:

    They=12re saying you can=12t conspire to fix prices or do anything =
that effects fair competition.  I don=12t think there=12s anything to =
prevent you from asking what somebody charges, what manufacturers =
consider =13suggested retail=14, or otherwise researching what the =
market in your area dictates.  Not conspiring does not mean you must =
remain ignorant. =20
    =20

    David Love
    davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20