The debate rages (CCvRC) Was "Sorry!"

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:02:29 -0800 (PST)

Like I said: all I'm "sure" of is that we're "missing
something". These 4 magnificent pianos have all been
in Georgia for over 100 years, possibly the lousiest
place in America for pianos, barring Florida and
Hawaii. The humidity can hover at 95% for a  month,
then go to 25% in winter, with daily temperature
swings of up to 40 degrees F.   All have FAT, WIDE,
SHALLOW ribs, ALL remain extremely responsive. All the
theories about rib-crowned boards sound good to me,
but, according to the experts here, shouldn't these
boards be total trash by now?
     I'm going to try to tell if there is some
rib-crowning in these things.
     Thumper