Rust preventative approved on Boston unwound strings.

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:10:01 -0600

Hi,
I talked to Kent Webb today about some info needed for a school I'm
working at and asked about the "grease" I found on the Boston upright
piano strings

Turns out there is an approved rust preventative utilized on Boston
piano unwound strings.

Pretty thoroughly applied from my observations.  Evidenced by hammer
felt and other detritus sticking to the strings. :-\

That's the end of that story.  Getting these pianos stable with
humidity varying  21% now from 72% Rh (+/- 5% by my instrument) in
September is another story still being written. :-X

Sincerely,
Andrew Anderson