tuning environment

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 06 Feb 2006 20:41:16 -0600

Earlier, I said:
> > Guilty as charged...
> >
> > I have RCT on a new 14.5" screen Toshiba.
> >
> > No internal mike, so I need to plug one in, but I still can set the 'puter
> > up to 8' away on a convenient table, chair, other piano or even the floor
> > and see quite well. For grands, I usually set it up on the short
> sticked lid.
> > Conrad

Marshall,

In verticals I drop the external mike down behind the action, sometimes
looping the cord around the action nut, with the business end just below
keybed level.  In grands, I either put it on the "cutoff" section of
soundboard or on the plate in that general area.  In some pianos with a
very weak treble I may have to move it to the bend area.

Either place affords the mike very good isolation from ambient noises like
sneakersqueak/basketballthump, vacuums, TVs, talking, etc.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.