laminated ribs

Steve Ganz steveganz@mailaka.net
Mon, 06 Feb 2006 13:56:24 -0800

I have been using Del's laminated ribs for 10 years or so (I am very bad
at judging time) and am convinced that they are better than any other
kind.  When I have rebuilt the same kinds of pianos (usually Steinway)
with different ribs, say copying what was there exactly, copying what
was there originally and cutting the radius into them, using a different
wood (spruce) and cutting the curve into them, or using Del's laminated
ribs, I am most happy with the results I get from the laminated.  Why, I
can't tell you for sure. From just a guy who is not into math, I am most
happy when my clients are happy.  I have not had a prblem with any of
these ribs once they have reached the clients home.
Steve Ganz