Let me restate the question

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:30:37 +0100

Hi again.

I seem to get the feeling that there is a consensus that parallel
laminations glued together in a curved caul could provide both enough
crown and support for crown to function well (strengthwise anayways)  if
such a panel was oriented perpendicular to the bridge.

Without getting into to deep into some of the points Terry brought up
just yet, and keeping to the same configuration, my next question is
then whether or not cross grain ribbing could be used strictly to
equalize bending stiffness ?

Cheers, and thanks for all the replies so far.

RicB