Let me restate the question

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 06 Feb 2006 09:02:22 +0100

Hi John

Keeping the laminations all in same direction is an idea that goes other
directions then worrying about cracks.

What I was curious about and still havent gotten a straight up answer
too, is whether or not a laminate board laminated over a curved caul
with the grain all going in the same direction could achieve the same
crown and crown support as a ribbed board with ribs going perpendicular
to the grain.  I.e. the strength of the laminant panel along the grain
compared to the strength of the ribbed board along the ribs.

Cheers
RicB