Pinblock CA after Dope?

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 19:10:36 -0600

I'll elaborate a little more.  It was an upright
and I trickled the CA in with a hypodermic
syringe while upright.  It kept soaking it up but
with remonstrances against overdoing it fresh on
my memory I figured a "lite" treatment would be
fine.  It was, for the first four tunings.  I had
to crack the pins loose to tune them the first
time.  By the fourth time many were loose again
and I broke out the CA glue.  It would not
take-in to the wood.  Tilting the piano may have
helped the second time around.  My philosophy now
is: protect the floor or action and give it as
much as it will drink.  The glue's cheap and the time involved is not so long.

YMMV,
Andrew Anderson