Pinblock CA after Dope?

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:15:21 -0800

At 02:01 PM 2/5/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>I'll have to disagree with Susan here.  I've gone 'lite' on CA on a
>pin-block and after the fourth tuning it needed more.  Problem was it
>wouldn't accept more.
>
>Andrew Anderson

Well, I'm open to discussion. It needed more, i.e., some pins got loose again?

And you put CA on them where they entered the plate, but they stayed loose?
What I'm wondering is how a pin can be loose, but not have the room for CA
to enter? It gets into such tight cracks usually. People even talk about
clamping a wood joint together and THEN adding the CA.

Best,
Susan