Key Button Installation

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:02:49 -0800

Carl,

How did you locate the key button position?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: "Carl Meyer"
To: spalding48@earthlink.net, "Pianotech List"
Subject: Re: Key Button Installation

Here is a picture of a one inch sander with a clamped board behind usin=
g short ends of angle brackets to serve as a stop.  Adjust position wit=
h a straight edge against the belt and clamp with a couple of squeeze c=
lamps.

Now the second picture shows how you can just zip off the overhang with=
out taking a bunch of wood off the key.  First time I tried this withou=
t the stop, the dam key almost disappeared.  Use 35 or 50 grit belts.  =
Works fast.

Carl Meyer PTG assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.