Weighty tools

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 08:06:50 -0500

I'm thinking the wheeled luggage idea sounds interesting.  People will =
think I'm moving in when I come to tune. :)  I'll get food every time =
like I did on Friday at the nursing home.  In all seriousnes, what size =
wheeled luggage is good so as not to give the impression that I'm like =
Ricky Nelson, a travel'n man? :)  I don't want my wife thinking I'm =
giving my heart to at least one lovely girl, only her. ::)

Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: tcole@cruzio.com ; pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:33 AM
  Subject: Re: Weighty tools

  Geez, Tom, that explains the length of your arms...;-]   At least put =
it on wheels for crying out loud...
  I'm trying to keep it between 10 and 15 lbs. =20
  .  =20
  What I"ve got weighing in at 13 lbs.

  Duluth Supply Company Master Jr. tool case (black cordova, with strap =
(best I've had...I've got at least 10 cast-offs in my shop)
  SAT III wrapped in leather (which I use for repairs as needed) and =
cozy (Yamaha canvas bag...give away at a convention)
  Ebony handle, Faulk Hammer in fixed knife blade case from Bill's =
Custom cases (Thanks Tom Cole)
  Assorted mutes...one temp strip for emergencies
  key Pounder (2 hammers glued together)
  Large Straight blade to fit tuning hammer for plate screws (I opted =
not carry a phillips blade or ratchetting wrench (in the car)=20
  Boar bristle paintbrush=20
  pencils and pen
  grand piano key...yamaha
  2 of the smaller Spurlock soundboard cleaning tools...long one in the =
car
  Soundboard cleaning tool...old style..flexible
  Rag
  Spurlock lid prop
  Coast Tac Torch LED flashlight..the best!
  Magnetic Flexible flashlight tool...not bright enough =
though...somebody on the LIST recommended this???
  Hart voicing tool
  Yamaha voicing tool:  Grand
  Yamaha voicing tool:  Upright
  Spurlock voicing block (white nylon...I think)
  film canister of Needles
  6 inch rule...metric and regular
  Screw starter tool...split blade
  extendable magnet tool
  couple of different tweezer type thingees
  Spurlock punching tweezer...tiny jaws...for under key work
  hemostat
  Dip block
  Multi-tool handle
  Phillips blades...big and little
  3 straight blades
  2 small screwdrivers...for regulating drop etc.
  1 small phillips
  Damper regulating...straight bend & 45 degree bend
  Spoon bender...flat one...the only one you need
  Small capturing screwdriver tool for damper screws=20
  Hart rep tool
  drop screw regulator with handle and one for multi-tool
  Steinway let-off regulator
  Yamaha capstan regulator..short and long
  capstan regulator for square capstans...uprights...black angled thingy
  Steinway capstan regulator (square)
  Upright let-off tool/handle...for different angles without pressure on =
eye screw
  Front key pin turning tool
  Yamaha key easing tool...no pliers in kit
  1 Small crescent wrench...should carry 2...
  Small vice grip
  Swiss army knife
  Yellow wood glue
  Small vile of PVC-E glue
  Few ivory keytops...appropriate keys...E/B, C/F, D, G, A
  CA glue
  bunch of coffee stirrers
  2 small clamps for misc. repairs
  film canister of jack spring, misc stuff (don't have the jack spring =
cleaning out tool...got to find mine)
  film canister of misc. rubber buttons
  film canister of misc. small brass screws
  film canister of misc. punchings
  piece of shoe leather
  fillm canister of single edge razor blades
  misc. cloth scraps
  Fire starter thingee...clicker for twisting shanks
  Couple of touch up markers=20
  Bottle of goose juice/protek
  couple of oilers
  film canister of micro-fine teflon powder
  small brush for application
  small of can of pitchlock clips
  grand flange moving tool...pianotek, I think
  film canister of packing tape for traveling
  package of adhesive backed floppy cases for service record left under =
grand fallboard or inside of upright music rack
  micrometer
  Artledge tape measuring tool for measuring for individual bass string =
replacement

  This doesn't count my vacuum...Hoover Port-o-vac with strap 30 ft. =
cord

  Whatever else I need is in the car

  David Ilvedson, RPT
  Pacifica, California