TOOL CASES

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:03:42 -0500

I was going through tool cases at a rate of about 1 every 4-6
months..until I went back to my musical instrument transport roots:

I ordered an Anvil Tool case. I've had it for 2 years. Basically, it's
indestructible..yes, it's ATA-approved.

It's heavy - it holds everything I need for a service call, including
all regulation tools and re-pinning supplies(think about what those
tools might weigh...).

The only drawback to it is its weight...long walks from a parking lot to
the piano will give me the sense of 'I need to lighten this load', but I
don't go anywhere without it. When I empty my truck for whatever
function it will be used for, that tool case stays in the truck. There's
enough variety of screwdrivers, nut-turning devices and odds and
ends-type tools where it has come in handy outside of piano work.

It is not light, but I would put it on a plane tomorrow without fear.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)