Weighty tools

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 23:33:08 -0800

Geez, Tom, that explains the length of your arms...;-]   At least put i=
t on wheels for crying out loud...
I'm trying to keep it between 10 and 15 lbs.
.
What I"ve got weighing in at 13 lbs.

Duluth Supply Company Master Jr. tool case (black cordova, with strap (=
best I've had...I've got at least 10 cast-offs in my shop)
SAT III wrapped in leather (which I use for repairs as needed) and cozy=
 (Yamaha canvas bag...give away at a convention)
Ebony handle, Faulk Hammer in fixed knife blade case from Bill's Custom=
 cases (Thanks Tom Cole)
Assorted mutes...one temp strip for emergencies
key Pounder (2 hammers glued together)
Large Straight blade to fit tuning hammer for plate screws (I opted not=
 carry a phillips blade or ratchetting wrench (in the car)
Boar bristle paintbrush
pencils and pen
grand piano key...yamaha
2 of the smaller Spurlock soundboard cleaning tools...long one in the c=
ar
Soundboard cleaning tool...old style..flexible
Rag
Spurlock lid prop
Coast Tac Torch LED flashlight..the best!
Magnetic Flexible flashlight tool...not bright enough though...somebody=
 on the LIST recommended this???
Hart voicing tool
Yamaha voicing tool:  Grand
Yamaha voicing tool:  Upright
Spurlock voicing block (white nylon...I think)
film canister of Needles
6 inch rule...metric and regular
Screw starter tool...split blade
extendable magnet tool
couple of different tweezer type thingees
Spurlock punching tweezer...tiny jaws...for under key work
hemostat
Dip block
Multi-tool handle
Phillips blades...big and little
3 straight blades
2 small screwdrivers...for regulating drop etc.
1 small phillips
Damper regulating...straight bend & 45 degree bend
Spoon bender...flat one...the only one you need
Small capturing screwdriver tool for damper screws
Hart rep tool
drop screw regulator with handle and one for multi-tool
Steinway let-off regulator
Yamaha capstan regulator..short and long
capstan regulator for square capstans...uprights...black angled thingy
Steinway capstan regulator (square)
Upright let-off tool/handle...for different angles without pressure on =
eye screw
Front key pin turning tool
Yamaha key easing tool...no pliers in kit
1 Small crescent wrench...should carry 2...
Small vice grip
Swiss army knife
Yellow wood glue
Small vile of PVC-E glue
Few ivory keytops...appropriate keys...E/B, C/F, D, G, A
CA glue
bunch of coffee stirrers
2 small clamps for misc. repairs
film canister of jack spring, misc stuff (don't have the jack spring cl=
eaning out tool...got to find mine)
film canister of misc. rubber buttons
film canister of misc. small brass screws
film canister of misc. punchings
piece of shoe leather
fillm canister of single edge razor blades
misc. cloth scraps
Fire starter thingee...clicker for twisting shanks
Couple of touch up markers
Bottle of goose juice/protek
couple of oilers
film canister of micro-fine teflon powder
small brush for application
small of can of pitchlock clips
grand flange moving tool...pianotek, I think
film canister of packing tape for traveling
package of adhesive backed floppy cases for service record left under g=
rand fallboard or inside of upright music rack
micrometer
Artledge tape measuring tool for measuring for individual bass string r=
eplacement

This doesn't count my vacuum...Hoover Port-o-vac with strap 30 ft. cord=

Whatever else I need is in the car

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California