Key Button Installation

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:18:40 -0800

Doesn't Bill Spurlock have a method that he's published?

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Farrell
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:02 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Key Button Installation

=20

I need to install new key buttons on 88 keys. Never done it before. I =
have
the Journals on CD, but have never been able to do a search on them. I =
found
an old article by Fern Henry that described a very simple method/jig to =
do
this task. The few articles I have found suggest that many techs prefer =
replace button rather than rebush and complete the task in about two =
hours.
In two hours, following a modified Fern Henry method, I have eight keys
done. I've got 80 to go. At this pace it will take me the better part of =
week to install a set of key buttons. Is anyone aware of a good article =
in
the PTG Journal that describes the procedure? I see the Jaras Key Button =
jig
in the Schaff catalog - anyone have an opinion on that? Anyone got any =
other
favorite/excellent-result/fast method of replacing key buttons?

=20

Thanks for any input.

=20

Terry Farrell