Soundboard Resonces and the Wogram Article

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 02:11:01 +0100

For what its worth... I find your paragraph below entirely agreeable. As
I understand you, you clearly place <<better>> in the realm of the
objective, the measurable. Yet you allude also to some differences (in
overall sound character I presume) that occur between traditional and
RC&S boards that for whatever strange reason may contain elements that
many ears may find pleasing...  and you ask perhaps there is some way of
gaining control over some of these as well ?

Cheers
RicB
My experience so far is that the RC&S boards with cutoff and fish etc., are
better, but different.  By better, I mean more predictable, better success
rate, fewer quirky things like killer octaves, dead trebles, unsmooth
transitions, thuddy low basses, distortions in the tenor, strange
resonances, dead spots.  There are some qualities that change and my attempt
in all this is to understand why and whether those other intangibles are
also controllable.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net