TOOL CASES

RON MAY, RPT ronmay_rpt@bellsouth.net
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:15:10 -0500

 As for a tool case, I'm using a breif case now, and that's not very =
helpful.

I hate to think how much money I have thrown into tool cases over the =
years.  I think every time a new one came out I would grab it up =
thinking this had to be the best.  I had a Genck case that was very nice =
but the pockets ripped out and I now us it for my voicing stuff. Never =
was thrilled with it. I bought another expensive case from Jensen it was =
really nice, had plenty of room but to heavy. Finally, one day I =
discovered a laptop computer case and bought it for about 40 bucks.  It =
is the best case I have had.  It is light, it has an extra pocket on the =
outside that holds a 14 inch plastic box for misc. items such as protec, =
etc.and I use a tool roll. It is also the way I can tell which day it =
is. As the week goes on it gets heavier and in a little disarray by =
Friday I might need a tow truck but I can't blame the case for that and =
it still works great.

Ron May
Original Message -----=20
  From: pianotune05@comcast.net=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 10:42 AM
  Subject: Re: tuning environment

  I like the zip lock idea.  As for a tool case, I'm using a breif case =
now, and that's not very helpful.  I put some graham crackers in a zip =
lock bag for a snack, and they were crumbs by the time I got home =
yesterday. :)  The case is too cramped, and lowes doesn't have a decent =
tool case.=20

  I was tuning my friends piano a couple of weeks ago, and his cat =
decided kto walk on the key bed while I was tuning and wanted to bother =
my open brief case.  I played some  notes and made him move by pushing =
the keys up.:) =20
  Marshall
  smiling and nodding as I write the e-mail. ;) lol=20

    -------------- Original message --------------=20
    From: "Barbara Richmond" <piano57@insightbb.com>=20

    Good advice, Debbie! =20

    When Mitsubishi first came to Bloomington/Normal, IL, I had a large =
number of Japanese customers.  I learned quickly that I was expected to =
stay for refreshments and conversation (broken English and lots of =
smiling and nodding).  Of course, everything was always good, though the =
strangest thing I sampled was a coffee gelatin.

    The time that really proved how fast I could tune was when the =
homeowner's black lab parked himself under the piano bench.  He went to =
sleep and, um.....broke wind.  How long can you hold your breath?   :-)  =
 Actually, I got up and talked to the owner, not saying anything about =
the <atmospheric conditions>, but suggested the dog find another place =
to snooze.  She got the dog to move--for a while.  Somehow he managed to =
find his way back to me. =20

    Barbara Richmond
        Ziplock bags - never tune without them!

      Debbie L.