Mass Loading Bridges

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 04 Feb 2006 09:32:17 -0600

> Terry,
> Does mass loading the bridge work for the high treble end as well?
> Tom Servinsky

It extends sustain somewhat, and makes the treble sound -
clearer! Too much brings volume down. Just like adjusting
impedance response across the bass/tenor break, you can juggle
weights until you like the sound of the result.

I'm talking about new, working soundboards. Mass loading old
dead boards, you'll get what you get, or not. I recommend
making up some weights of some sort, and experimenting.

"...the person that had took a bull by the tail once had
learnt sixty or seventy times as much as a person that hadn't,
and said a person that started in to carry a cat home by the
tail was getting knowledge that was always going to be useful
to him, and warn't ever going to grow dim or doubtful."
-Tom Sawyer Abroad

Ron N