tuning environment

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sat, 04 Feb 2006 04:31:40 -0600

At 20:06 2/3/2006, you wrote:

>Subject: tuning environment
>

>Hi Everyone,
>I know it's not a technical question per sae, but I like hearing about
>other technician's experiences.  What has been yoru worst tuning environment?
>Marshall
>
>A 3 day auditorium piano sale turned many sales, so finding a quiet spot
>to do pre-delivery tuning and check got scarce. "Hey, how about the locker
>rooms?"
>Tiled walls and floors with concrete ceilings.  The hammer impact noise
>was louder than string.  It took twice as long to get the job done.
>
>Paul C

Either a POS/PSO spinet set up on a stage in an empty airplane hanger
at  Gitmo (big enough for a C5A transport) or (also a spinet) on an outdoor
stage at the John Denver Deaf Camp, with his recordings playing loudly over
the speakers.  I had earplugs in AND draped a moving blanket over myself
and the piano. (pre-ETD days...)

Conrad Hoffsommer
then used against you.