tuning environment

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:43:11 -0700

--=====================_19896129==_.ALT
At 09:51 PM 2/3/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>I had the opportunity to tune four pianos at NAMM last year. Ever try to
>tune in a very large convention center full of pianos all being tuned at
>the same time? Complete chaos and cacophony would have been quieter.
>Especially when you find yourself working on the same note at the same
>time as one or two other techs in the same room. And you know what? It was
>a fascinating high energy learning experience and I'd gladly do it again.
>
>-- Geoff Sykes
>-- Assoc. Los Angeles

Amen,
     Find yourself listening to other tuners' styles while putting yourself
on automatic......

    Great fun when you decide to do one just a little sharp, compared to
your neighbor....

    Syncopation! That's a hoot, too!

    Really felt sorry for the tech that was out in the main lobby early.
Slapback of 6 sec.....

    And yeah.... when you're on the same note.... somebody has to move on.....

    Fellow 50 ft away lost the power on his ETD.... uh-oh!

    And.... the "competition" can be stellar.  Baldasin, Neblett, etc.,
etc......

     Best.... when you're the first one in the hall in the AM......

nobody home!
nobody home sm.jpg

it was soooooo quiet.   strange.......

Oh well....