NEWS FLASH! "Conover clobbers Steinway !"

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 23:33:20 EST

=20
Ric
  Well .....When the return on investment is marginal, many  alterations do=20
not pay.  I am a business man too.  However they  both got the usual rib=20
crowned treatment with taller narrower spruce ribs  instead of the original=20=
sugar=20
pine rib, plus some panel tapering.  I  have to remind myself that one of th=
e=20
biggest alterations you can make is to use  & crown spruce ribs to achieve=20
bearing load support.  This makes a  tremendous improvement even though it m=
ay not=20
solve all the anomalies many of us  on list do not care for.
     The top 3 treble sections hammer strike line ,was  VERY  fussy & =20
Closely dialing that in made a tremendous  difference.....as it always does.
  Thanks
   Dale

Come on  there Dale... don't be s=E5 modest !!  Its an Erwin-Conover now....=
=20
or  did you just replicate things exactly as they were  ?

Cheers
RicB

=20