Polishing hinges

John Delmore jodel@kairos.net
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:46:13 -0600

Thanks guys!  Now I know what to do!  I love this list!!!
John

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Mark Potter
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:30 PM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: Polishing hinges

Jon Page <jonpage@comcast.net> wrote:
A quick way, if you want a polished satin finish, is to sand with
320. 400 and buff
with gray ScotchBrite and finish with two coats of Rain Dance paste car wax.
--
This will certainly work, but I have found better long-lasting results by
coating with a couple/three coats of  Mohawk's "Lacquer for Brass", which

Mark Potter