Bluthner Tuning

PIANISSIMO PIANOFORTE S.L. patrick@pianospianissimo.com
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 23:43:54 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

> Aliquot strings.  Is that the manufacturer or what the fourth string is
called?

Aliquot is referred to the Patented System, by Blüthner involving the
fourth string, special bridges, etc.

Had the "dictionary" definition somewhere with my college tuning notes...
We don't get many Blüthners in Spain, although i tuned one last Monday, a
280cm (9ft+) from the 60s (think it had the flemming centers mentioned
earlier, and of course loads of aliquot strings!) Not a bad "little" piano
:)

By the way, great post about it sent by Avery earlier!

Regards,

Patrick

Patrick Hinves Ballesta
Afinador/Técnico 610442371