Bluthner Tuning

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:36:00 -0800

At 07:29 AM 2/1/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>A message I've saved from Michael Gamble:
>The top break is the only area where they are "tuned" at the same pitch as
>their partner strings. The main body of Aliquot strings are tuned an
>octave high.
>
>--Cy--
>www.shusterpiano.com

Yes, I've seen older ones which had the fourth string further down in the
treble, and I believe they had a separate bridge for them?

The ones I've tuned are recent (some new!) and the four-string section starts
just below the top of the dampers. They have two or three dampers with
cute little side-dampers for the fourth string.

Susan