Ipaq or Dell

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 01 Feb 2006 00:09:40 -0500

David,
         Sure ... rub my nose in it why don't you. :-)
I did find a small printer that should work with the pocket PC. It's
thermal so whatever you print has a shelf life. I'm really only exploring
the idea still. My system board (motherboard) on the laptop has a burnt
diode or capacitor or some such thing. I took it all apart to see if I
could see anything and I did. It's back together now and I can still use it
but I can't charge the battery while simultaneously using the computer. It
has to be shut off for the charger to charge. Somewhat inconvenient I
think. :-( I'm exploring the costs involved as I really can't go with these
newer "portable" printers that are twice as heavy and twice as large. I
would just about have to with a newer laptop. It seems that infra red is
not being offered in any of the units anymore. I may have to go back to pen
and preprinted forms. Right now my options seems to be 1) repair the
existing unit, 2) replace it with a new laptop wherein I would have to mess
with cords plugging in to a USB port or, 3) replace both laptop and printer
with a PDA and preprinted forms and a pen. My handwriting sucks so I think
I may just have listed these in order of preference. I don't know, however,
if it's the wisest order for my money. Still just gathering info. I was all
set to spring for the PDA earlier this evening though. My wife talked me
out of it, bless her heart.

Greg Newell