Steingraeber factory pictures, bridge agraffes & adjustable vertical hitchpins

Calin Tantareanu calin.tantareanu at gmx.net
Sun Apr 30 13:52:38 MDT 2006

Read below:

You're welcome!

> What is mammoth ivory?  I don't know another definition of
> mammoth, except huge.  On this side of the pond we generally
> refer to mammoths as those
> great--now extinct--beasts that lived during the ice age.

That's correct. And they make keyboard coverings from the tusks of mammoths
which are found sometimes in places where they used to live.
Coming from an already extinct species, mammoth tusks are not subject to the
trade ban imposed to elephant ivory, so they can be traded legally.
It is, however, very expensive to get such a keyboard. Several thousand
euros I believe.

Calin Tantareanu