Problem With Estey Baby Grand Pedals

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 30 11:15:21 MDT 2006

Hi Robert,

Put a flat head bolt in one end. Drill a hole a bit under size. Wrap the
end well with tape or butchers cord to prevent splitting and "thread" the
hole. Remove the reinforcement. Adjust the length as necessary to get a
good "fit".

It would be good to use a mechanic's stethescope to narrow down where the
creaking/squeaking is coming from.

At 09:40 AM 4/29/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>        into the holes that also have a conical shape. It seems that the
>hole  at the top was made wider with time due to pressure and use, and the
>brace  dropped out of the holes. The brace now seems too short to fit into
>the holes  firmly. What could be done to solve this problem? Could I add
>some wood on the  end of the brace to make it a bit longer, make the hole
>narrower by lining it  with something, or unscrew the block at the top and
>move it slightly so that the  holes are closer and the brace is held in
>place, if that is possible to do?     I found that there is a terrible
>squeaking and  creaking noise coming from the pedals every time they are
>pressed, and I guess I  will have to take it off, open it up and put some
>new felt inside to cure this  problem.     advice.     Robert Finley

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner