Baldwin pedals, dumb question

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 29 15:08:03 MDT 2006

Hey list, I just tuned a brand new Baldwin R in a prominent position
on stage at Tipitinas, it was delivered Friday. The damper pedal is
making a horrible grinding sound and I cant for the life of me solve
it. The pedal actually seems to have a set screw of some sort going
into the rod through the rubber bushing. I could not figure out how
to get the rod out and it sounds like the noise is coming from the
bushing. Any one work for a Baldwin dealer and have experience with
these things? Am I totally missing something obvious? Slap me if I
am. Thanks,
--
----Dave