The piano that betrayed Goldfinger

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 28 11:24:57 MDT 2006

I was asked to resurrect a 1911 McPhail upright that had been in a basement
for years.

Which I did, courtesy of 4 ounces of CA, mostly.

Anyway, the hammers had been sprayed forest green (except the strike
areas), the rest rail was sprayed gold (with considerable overspray all
over the place), and the damper blocks are a bright orange--the color that
utility companies use to mark underground lines, etc.

I assume someone liked to play rags or other old-time music with the case
opened up so we can watch the hammers flying around.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri