Our own pianos

Pierre Gevaert pierre.gevaert at belgacom.net
Thu Apr 27 11:58:35 MDT 2006

It looks like many pianotechnicians own an old piano ?

So do I, an old (1925)high quality Belgian baby grand with tremendous
sustain (and loose tuningpins), but it stays remarquably well in tune and
has only verry minor pitch changes thrue the seasons. The action is from
Renner and  the plate looks verry strong.

My other favorite is waiting for a complete restauration an dis an old
(1895)German piano. A  rather unknown brand (Duysen) and it looks like a
copy from a Bechstein.

Pierre Gevaert,

Belgium