Starting Pitch chart

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 10:20:56 MDT 2006

Hi Greg,

It is an interesting idea--but how do you propose to quickly "chart" the
whole piano? I believe it may be very "time consuming" (read longer than it
takes to do a pitch correction).

I'd suggest the area you call "pitch correction" be a light pink going to
heavy red as the chart increases in value.

Unfortunately I've also learned what TMI means sometimes. Some folks just
want their piano tuned. (TMI = too much information). This goes against my
grain for I'm a very curious person who "wants to know".

At 08:56 AM 4/27/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>I attached a chart I would like to include on my
>tuning invoice showing the "as found" condition of the
>piano's pitch.  This idea was discussed by others on
>the pianotech list months ago, but I don't recall
>seeing any examples.
>
>I'm posting this to share it with anyone who would
>like to use it, and to get any feedback on how it
>could be better.
>
>The 5 cent "fine tuning" threshold is arbitrary, and
>has more to do with starting a conversation with the
>customer than it does with how I decide when to pitch
>raise or not, or charge for a pitch raise or not.
>
>Any comments?
>
>Greg Graham

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7