Our own pianos

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Apr 26 06:08:37 MDT 2006

At 07:22 AM 4/26/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>I am curious more than anything: what do you have for a piano in your own
>home?
>
>Me? Charles Walter Console. I bought it when I was apartment dwelling, and
>move it into my Coach Home. Now that I have room for a Grand, I have a
>1863 Style2 that will be getting the full treatment..a real labor of love
>for the foreseeable future.
>
>I also admit that I rarely play the piano in my own home, so owning an
>antique that will be fully restored is a bit much..but I'm curious.
>
>-Phil Bondi(Fl)

1890s, Nittinger (Phila) 58.5" "Upright Concert Grand", (3/4 plate
w/separate cap piece around pin area), free to me if I could get it out of
a basement, tuned at least once this millenium, massive solid oak
construction (backposts/veneer/corewood[DAMHIK]), keeps side of house down
in a stiff breeze.

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.