Dealing with bridge damage.

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 25 16:03:56 MDT 2006

Ed,
This might be an acceptable alternative to pulling the plate and
re-capping it.  The string I CA treated the first time around did not
make it self obvious at the next tuning so it is holding as a
temporary repair.  I did notice a loss of zing on the couple I
treated but that was in a short period of time and probably the CA
hadn't fully set.  I take notes on all my work so I'll go back with
the notes and check into those strings specifically next
service.  I'm not enthusiastic about it though...I've done wood work,
this won't  be fun doing.  I guess a regular high bond wood glue will
do the job of bonding in the new wood and a file and razor to level
everything again without having to de-string everything and pull all
the bridge pins for a plane.

Andrew Anderson